Image Map

Thursday, February 18, 2016

NatureBox :: February 2016


another NatureBox post with some horrible pictures from my kitchen at 9:30 at night. (:


Dried White Peaches :: dried fruit is one of my favorite snacks, and I've had the Dried California Peaches from NatureBox before. I wasn't too impressed with these though. They just had a bland flavor that made me kind of sad.

White peaches are known for their softer texture and sweeter taste than their tangier cousin yellow peaches. Just don’t tell the yellow peaches we said that, they are really sensitive. With this dried version of our favorite summertime fruit, you’ll never have to worry about the pits.


Masa Crisps :: I've had these before {September 2013 // March 2015}, and they remain one of my favorite choices. They're just like mini Fritos (as far as I remember), but they're better for you because they are made of higher quality ingredients and they aren't greasy and gross.

Masa Crisps are a delicious delivery mechanism for your favorite Mexican dip: guacamole, salsa or queso. Made with yellow corn masa and flax seeds, these crisps offer a satisfying crunch that’ll have you saying “chips who?”. They’re the perfect side dish on Taco Tuesday, and great for munching on movie night. Just don’t crunch too loud over the good parts.


Blueberry Almond Quinoa Bites :: I couldn't find these on the website, so I think that maybe they're out of stock for now, but I know that I've had the Cranberry Almond Bites before. I think my keyword for this month's box is bland, because I didn't really get a whole lot of excitement out of these. Yes, they have blueberries and nuts, but they don't have a lot of flavor.

Quinoa is one of those hard-to-pronounce, fashionable grains that everyone's talking about. But for good reason! Few grains pack more of a nutritious punch, especially in these tasty little bites of puffed quinoa, combined with dried blueberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Even the worlds pickiest co-worker ate them all.


PB&J Granola :: Another repeat. (: I had this one in May 2014 and May 2015. I'm sure I say every time that my favorite part is that it's a soft granola, and I just love the dried fruit with the salty peanut butter.

Pour a few glasses of almond milk and portion out this granola into several snack bowls to share with your friends. This oat-filled chewy granola goodness tastes just like that classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich - your favorite after-school snack. The added bonus? Sweet strawberries and raisins!


Dark Cocoa Nom Noms :: I first had these in July 2014. I've also had the peanut butter and pumpkin spice ones, and maybe the blueberry ones too. The pumpkin spice ones are my favorite. Anyway! These kind of taste like soft brownies, but the oats add to the texture. They're still soft though, and they are the perfect little sweet.

The Nom Nom craze began with peanut butter and continues to grow - with Dark Cocoa. Feed your nom nom addiction with this blend of oats, cocoa and vanilla - like a soft-baked double chocolate cookie. Best enjoyed with a glass of milk in hand, it will take the edge off your chocolate craving.


Garlic Plantains :: These definitely were a surprise snack and not something that I would have picked out for myself. I was pleasantly surprised that the garlic flavor wasn't very overpowering, and the plantains didn't have as much of a banana flavor as I thought they would.

Made with real garlic, these are quite a hit with lovers of the bulb. Dried garlic lends a dynamic flavor profile against crispy plantains as a flavorful vehicle for hummus, guacamole, or try crunching up and tossing into a salad.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...