Image Map

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Month by iPhone :: February 2015

The month started out with a full day of travel getting into Chicago during winter storm Linus. It totally messed up my plans for my day in the city, which can be read about here. A couple days after getting home, a bunch of my friends were in town for a week and we had a wonderful time together. Not too much else happened in February, but here are some pictures!


breakfast from Starbucks, because that's what happens in the airport.


first time getting pinkberry, at the Atlanta airport.


waiting to leave the gate and get to Chicago.


Grounded in St. Louis. literally. after orbiting in Chicago for half an hour because there was a vehicle in the way on the runway, we had to reroute to St. Louis because O'Hare was closed, due to the blizzard. we did end up getting back on the plane about an hour later, and then we waited on the ground in Chicago for another hour before a gate was open. I walked into the airport six hours late.


the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, at the Tremont.


view from the 14th floor. I believe this is the Presbyterian church.


Sprinkles Cupcakes & ATM!!!


rental car to get home from Chicago... apparently if you make fun of people who drive Fiats, that will be the next car you drive.


lunch at IKEA. I wanted to order the kids grilled chicken meal (with carrots, strawberries, and string cheese), but apparently the lady didn't hear me and this is what I ended up with. I had no idea what it really was aside from something chicken with vegetables and lingonberries, and when I looked on my receipt, I think it was apple and raisin stuffed chicken. I didn't really like it.


new pillow from IKEA. (:


starting the third year of the happiness project!!


one of my sweet friends gave me seven disposable cameras, new in box, but expired in September 2003. we're hoping I can get some fun pictures from them! I hope the pictures turn out because I got some fun ones already. (:


half birthday treats. (: I wasn't too impressed by these Red Velvet Oreos. the only difference that you can taste is that they made the creme cream cheese flavored, and it seems like they just added a little red dye to the cookies.


 from the Happiness Project journal


I love this shirt. I bought it on Zulily, but I'm pretty sure it's from Skreened.


how I feel about cut flowers: they are pretty and I like to take pictures of them, but do not give me flowers as a gift. they're just going to die in a few days and that's a waste of money. {these were a gift to my manager from a friend}


the wife of one of our musicians sent some cookies for him to share. they were oh so pretty and gone in a flash. {from Heidi's Heavenly Cookies}


sparkle legs. all black for Friday the 13th. I just love dressing up and take every opportunity to do so.

{skirt from Target years ago // tights from Zulily}


I'm not one for taking pictures of myself, and much less for posting them online, but I had to take a moment to get this documented. I just wish I would have remembered the red lipstick first.

{yellow daisy hair clip from Babesnblanks on Etsy // LARA Fashion dress from Zulily}


Jameson and musicians is like salt and pepper.


Sturgeon Bay does a Fire & Ice festival each February around Valentine's Day, and it includes ice and snow sculpture carving on the main streets. here's Olaf!


 Egg Harbor Beach. freezing and frozen and covered in snow drifts, but still beautiful.


 sending mail. I'm going to need stamps very very soon.


"A person's tragedy does not make up their entire life. A story carves deep grooves into our brains each time we tell it. But we aren't one story. We can change our stories. We can write our own." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please


took the Danelectro out to see the light of day. I sometimes wish that I had the patience to devote to learning how to play it.


standing in the picture book section at Barnes & Noble and listening to an orchestra cover of one of my favorite Coldplay songs.


sometimes when I'm at work and my hands are cold, I put these on, even though it's really my fingers that are cold.


I tried to get that guitar pick out of this guitar, but only succeeded at getting it more stuck...

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...