Image Map

Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine's Weekend 2015

I've never had a boyfriend, so Valentine's Day has never been about anything romantic for me. For the past few years, I've been able to get together with some great friends for music and a lot of fun, and that's what happened this year too!


some pretty paper hearts.


I had some leftover stickers from one of my classes at the Y, so I used them to dress up some fruit at work. I just love stickers and the Target dollar section.


These aren't my flowers. In fact, I don't even like receiving fresh cut flowers, but these sure are pretty.


I love dressing up, but I don't often have the opportunity to do so. I wore all black on Friday the 13th: a black v-neck tee and cardigan, a black lace skirt, black tights with rhinestones, and black patent pumps.

photo: Ty Helbach Photography

We went to a local theater for a live music performance on Friday night. Here's a picture from the Get Down, which was performed by a horn section-less WIFEE and the HUZz Band. Vee (with the guitar) handed the fake flowers from the stage to Abi, so that's how we ended up with them. haha.


Our Love

Abi, Lisa, and I hung out backstage for a little bit before we went over to a resort with a bar where we knew someone else who was playing. Abi and I only stayed for a little while, before we went to a different bar where the rest of our friends were hanging out.

There was more music at that bar, and we just hung out in our corner and talked for hours before finally leaving at bar close. It was such a wonderful night.


I dressed up again on Valentine's Day, this time in a red dress from Zulily with a yellow daisy from BabesnBlanks on Etsy and some nude patent pumps.

photo: James Larsen

We went back to the theater on Saturday night for more music. I'm pretty sure I have the most talented friends in the world. We talked with some friends backstage again, but they had to work on loading out, so we headed next door to the bar from last night.

photo: Abi Bethke

Back at the bar again, there was more music and friends and great conversations. Oh, and dancing too. I had some whiskey even though I probably shouldn't have. Leaving that night was really hard because I had to say goodbye to some friends that I won't see for another few months.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...