Image Map

Friday, February 6, 2015

St. Petersburg :: Where I Stayed

My plan is to break up my trip to Florida over just a few posts: where I stayed, what I did, and where I ate/drank. My days weren't too full of things, so it would be too boring to do by day! (:


I stayed at the Hollander Hotel, which is located downtown. The downstairs of the hotel contains not only the lobby and guest rooms, but also a restaurant and bar called the Tap Room and a coffeeshop, and they are attached to a spa, I believe. They were doing some construction while I was there, and I think I heard that it is a pool and/or fitness center.

The Hollander was built in the early 1930s and changed hands a few times before it was vacant for a few years, and has been open again for about three years, I think.


This is part of the lobby. I just loved the way that everything was decorated. There was also ample outside seating on the porch, and I had breakfast out there twice.


It's a three-story building (I stayed on the third floor), and both stairwells have a window with a chair. This is the one between the first and second floors. There is also a little sitting/lounge area on the second and third floors.


Since the building is older, of course the rooms are on the smaller side. I don't need a lot of space, so it was perfect for me. This is the view right when you walk in the door.


The in-room amenities included a microwave, mini fridge, coffeemaker, and a cd player/radio. I unplugged that alarm clock the second night because it had gone off at midnight the night before... I found it a little strange that not only was there no phone in the room, but there was also no guest services book.


The bathroom was really tiny, but I fell in love with the floors as soon as I saw them. I am a sucker for honeycomb tile, and those shiny wood floors were gorgeous. Unfortunately having hard floors in the hallway (and thinner walls) means that noise does carry, but it wasn't terrible.


Here's a view of the hallway! I think that if the rugs were thicker, that might help absorb some of the noise.


And this is the car I rented, Marshmallow, a 2015 Nissan Versa Note. I really liked it! It was obviously a bit bigger than the Beetle that I usually drive, but it wasn't too large!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...