Image Map

Friday, January 10, 2014

greetings from a heat wave

a little weekly recap


chai tea. does anyone have any tips on how to make this? I've had a chai latte and it was really good, and this tea smells so good, but when I have made it, it just tastes like dirty water. :(


starting out on DuoLingo!


Max enjoyed some sunbeams.


window sunset.

---------

A January in Wisconsin sort of heat wave, that is.

Monday and Tuesday were really, really cold, and it started to warm up some on Wednesday. By really, really cold, I mean temperatures were ten to thirty degrees below zero, and the windchill brought it down to negative forty to sixty. Seriously. Schools were closed for three days.

We knew it was coming, and that's what made it bearable. My manager suggested that I fill up my gas tank on the way home from work on Saturday, and then on Sunday after work I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. I was surprised that there weren't more people there than usual, and the shelves were still pretty full. I guess everyone didn't think that this was going to be a big deal!

On Monday I had a Laguna Beach marathon. I made a dent in the book I'm reading (White Whine: A Study of First-World Problems). My mom brought Pizza Hut home for dinner. They did something different with the crust, so it tasted like a breadstick. It was soooo good.

My manager texted me to let me know that I didn't need to go to work on Tuesday, so it was a second day of yoga pants and hoodies. I read some blogs and some more of the book in the morning, and I was pretty bored around lunchtime, so I surfed around BuzzFeed and found this awesome article. I have been wanting to relearn French (which I took for five years in middle/high school), and one of the websites in the article is DuoLingo, where you can learn some foreign languages, including French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese.

I don't really get to watch a lot of tv while it airs, since the shows that I like to watch are usually on when I am at work, but I got to watch the Goldbergs when it aired on Tuesday night.

I woke up on Wednesday morning not knowing if I would have to go to the Y to teach my class, but it was cancelled, because school was cancelled again! {It turns out the class was cancelled for the session because no one signed up!} I did end up working at the motel for a few hours, and it was nice to get out of the house and see a few people.

Yesterday was kind of cold too, and I got to go to the Y and help teach a class. I love working with those kids because it gets me up and moving. I went downtown and ran a few errands before going back home. I wanted to go out and take some pictures, but it was still pretty cold (around zero) at that point.

I had a marathon of some episodes of Cupcake Wars and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives because I couldn't watch last night's episodes of The Middle and Modern Family. I guess they have some thing where you have to sign in with your cable provider in order to watch brand new episodes? I don't feel like paying for Hulu+ at this point, so I guess I will just have to be patient.

There was this article that someone posted on Facebook about bubbles freezing outside in this weather, so I tried it this afternoon, but I guess I was supposed to try this on Monday or Tuesday, because even at sixteen degrees, it was too warm for the bubbles to freeze. It was also too windy for me to get any good pictures.

As nice as it was to have a few days to relax, I hope we don't get this kind of weather again until next year! (:

xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. We had the polar vortex monday and tues and then it's 53 today....WTF. I'm just wearing my leather jacket today!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chai tea. I say this because someone made it for me once and it was really awesome. When I make it by myself, it tastes really gross. I need to figure out how to do it. Laguna Beach! Omg! I don't even remember what that show was about except drama drama drama! I haven't watched it in so long. I've never heard of duoLingo, but that sounds so awesome! I'm gonna sign up and learn French and Italian. How cool! I've never heard of bubbles freezing, but that sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the informative article. This is one of the best resources I have found in quite some time. Nicely written and great info. I really cannot thank you enough for sharing.
    English Practice App | English speaking app

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...