Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Door County Drive


Yesterday was boring and called for going out and seeing something other than these four walls. I had a book to return to the library, and then I just kept driving north. I stopped at the boat launch (where there were quite a few ice shanties) because I thought that this strip of blue sky was beautiful.


I kept driving without a definite plan. Of course, since I was on County B, I had to stop at Chateau Hutter, especially with the beautiful sky. This picture is looking north.


Two of my favorite things are clouded blue skies and exposed brick. Tomorrow I will be sharing my favorite picture from yesterday which includes both of those things!


Hibernating trees also make for good foreground matter.


I wanted the mirror image to also be in focus in this picture, but my camera felt otherwise and I didn't feel like experimenting with manual focus. (The car was at a complete stop, I promise.) Because of all of the crazy weather around here lately (sub-zero straight to mid-thirties), there has been lots of ice, so there was salt on the main roads and sand on the back roads, and now Luna looks really dirty and gross.


I drove around aimlessly for a little while and ended up on Mathey Road. There were some dead corn fields, but I thought they still looked pretty cool.

xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love it when the sky finally clears up and is just spectacularly beautiful, but it's still cold outside. :) (I don't know if that's been the case around you, but here in chicago it was sooo nasty outside until yesterday or so. And now the sky is beautiful :)
    xox
    giedre
    www.walkingdotphotography.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...