Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

a night at the CopperLeaf

Some very dear people gave me the best Christmas present ever this year: a one-night stay at the CopperLeaf Hotel in Appleton. It was a perfect little getaway because it was close, but not too close. They also told me to go shopping, and I bought myself some nice new things.


view from the door to the room


the living room area that you first walk into. the larger two-door compartment holds the tv, and to the left of that is a small closet space.


wet bar.


I haven't stayed in many hotels in the past few years, and I found it interesting that not only was there a magnifying makeup mirror (with different lighting settings) in the bathroom, but there were also cotton balls and q-tips, and a toothbrush holder. (And also Aveda products.)


the bedroom had a small (fake) fireplace under the tv, a jacuzzi, and a king-size bed.


the alarm clock radio even had a white noise machine with multiple settings. that was very helpful when I heard someone running in the hallway around eleven.


I spent some time in the jacuzzi reading Space Kitty Blues after eating my red velvet cupcake from Panera.


breakfast was served at the hotel from six until nine, and I missed that because I ended up sleeping in. I walked a block down to Copper Rock Coffee, where I had a cinnamon roll and a s'mores mocha while reading some more.


I just really love exposed brick.


because I went between Christmas and New Year's, there were still some adorable Christmas decorations up.


I also love historical buildings, especially with a little dusting of snow. it was a few degrees above zero, so I didn't venture out and take too many pictures, but I'm looking at going back in the spring when it's a little warmer. I found a cute little church and some schools while I was driving around downtown in the morning.


a few more historic storefronts.


I stayed in 503, which is the second room from the left on the top floor.


they had some really cute Christmas decorations out too!


wreath by the front door.

In the interest of full disclosure, there was a small issue with the room, but I called down to the front desk, and she sent someone up right away who took care of it!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...