Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

tagged times three - an about me

I was tagged for the Sunshine Award & Six Things by Nicole, and the Liebster Award by Audrey! Nicole & Audrey are two of my previous partners from Cara Box! (:

I forgot that I was tagged for these until I saw the questions in my drafts, so I'll just answer the questions as kind of a getting to know you thing.

Six Things

Choose 6 questions you'd like:
What is your favorite animal and why?
Would you prefer a city break or a sun, sea, and sand vacation?

Both. Hello, Los Angeles.

If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
How many countries have you traveled to?  How many of the 50 states?

Aside from the United States, I've only been to Canada. I've visited thirteen states: Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, California, and Missouri. I've also stepped into Florida {well, I spent a few hours in/on Amelia Island}, and I think I've driven through Indiana and Ohio.

What is your favorite thing about yourself (or quality you like in others if you don't wanna talk about yourself)?
What is the best advice someone has ever given you? 
What did you want to be when you grew up and what do you do now?

I think I wanted to be a teacher, or something in the fashion industry. I also wanted to be a ballerina at one point. I currently work at a hotel, and I think I'm going to be stuck in the hospitality industry for life! (;

What is a pet peeve of yours?

When people leave the light on when they're not using it! Like, I can understand if you don't want the room to be completely dark, but if you leave on all of the lights it drives me crazy!

What is the LAST concert you went to?

Todd Carey on my birthday!!!


What is something not a lot of people would know about you?

I pray a decade of the rosary every morning.


Sunshine Award


1. What is one thing that defined your childhood? (like, for me, I would say Harry Potter or Pokemon!)

I don't know! I used to play with Barbies and my American Girl doll {Kit} a lot when I was younger.
2. What is the last book you've read?

I am currently reading Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven & Hell with Black Sabbath by Tony Iommi, and I just finished {an abridged version of} the Wizard of Oz.

3. What is your favorite holiday and why? 

I would say Halloween, but my mom always says that that is not a holiday, so I will go with Christmas, because my dad's side of the family always gets together at my grandparents' house for dinner and presents and hanging out.

4. Which fictional character would you love to meet?

I used to be obsessed with the Clique by Lisi Harrison when I was in middle school/high school, and I would love to meet Massie Block so I could raid her closet! (;

5. What was your favorite activity in gym class?

When I was in high school, we used to get to go in the weight room a few days a week, and I would walk on the treadmill. Also, our gym teacher would make sure that we went for a walk or went cross country skiing at least once! Those were always fun trips.

6. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska and why?

I would love to see both, so I guess it depends on what time of year it was! If it was summer, I would say Alaska, since that is when it is the mildest there, but if it was winter, I would want to escape from the snow here, so I would choose Hawaii for the weather and to visit my friend Meaghan who spends most of the year in Hawaii now.

7. What would your perfect day consist of?

reading and writing and photographing and laughter!

8. What was your first job?

I worked at Arby's for about two and a half years while I was in high school. There is photographic proof of this thanks to my grandmother.


9. Gold or silver?

Gold, hands down.


10. Do you collect anything? 

Well, I have a lot of Vera Bradley, but I don't know if that is really a collection. You know those machines at zoos and museums and such that flatten a penny and imprint a design on it? I have some of those somewhere.

I keep a lot of notes and stuff, and I have kept a lot of stuff related to school, work, personal life, and blogging.

11. What's your zodiac sign? Do you 'believe' in it?

I'm a Leo. I don't really believe in that kind of stuff, but I do think that it is interesting to read my horoscope sometimes.

Liebster Award

1. What is your favorite book?

hmmm. I don't know if I really have a favorite book. I guess my standard answer for this one is always The Lord of the Flies, which I read in seventh grade, but there aren't really any books that I can say stand out for a favorite.

2. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging so that I could have a place to share photos and stories, and so that I would remember what my life was like years down the road.

3. Who inspires you the most?

I am so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life. Among that group, many of them are musicians, and from that demographic, there is one person who stands out more than all of the rest: Miss Geri X. I've probably blogged before about how her music changed my life, and that is the truth. I feel like every song of hers applies to my life in some way.

April 2012

Plus she made that kickass pistol and heart lamp in the picture, and in addition to her art of music {vocals, guitar, keys, etc.}, she does some really pretty drawings. I would love to have her design a tattoo for me someday.

4. Any advice for new bloggers?

Enjoy yourself, share what you want to share, and don't be afraid to meet new people!

5. What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to take photos, bake, and paint my nails, and read, of course!

6. Do you have a favorite workout? If so, what?

hahaha. No. Sometimes I like to go for a walk, does that count?

7. What is your greatest achievement so far?

Um, I graduated high school? I am completing my last few credits to graduate with my associate's degree in hotel/restaurant management in December, and I haven't really done a whole lot with my life yet. I'm only twenty!

8. What is your favorite movie?

I don't really watch a lot of movies, but I would have to say that my favorite is probably the Breakfast Club.



9. What is one of your goals for the future?

I would like to move out of Door County and get a job where I can travel.

10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

There are so many places that I would love to visit! I want to go back to Los Angeles; I want to see more of Canada and more of the United States; I would also love to visit Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

11. What is your favorite TV show?

There are only a few shows that I actually watch, and I would have to say that Modern Family is my favorite.



xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...