Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes: Santa Monica Dream

Leslyn's Lovely Life



Linking up again this week with Les over at Leslyn's Lovely Life for Tuesday's Tunes!

This week I promise to explain the song a little bit more..



This is "Santa Monica Dream" by Angus and Julia Stone. I was introduced to their music by a coworker, because she really liked their videos and thought I might too. {The ones she showed me were "I'm Not Yours" and "Black Crow" which can also be found on YouTube.}

I think you should watch this video on YouTube by clicking here because there are some really cool notes about the video there & also the lyrics to the song.

So seeing that they had songs titled "Santa Monica Dream" and "Hollywood," I had to listen to those as well since I love California. Well, I fell in love with them both, but "Santa Monica Dream" is my favorite favorite!

Favorite Lines of the song:

"I'm somewhere, you're somewhere. I'm nowhere, you're nowhere. You're somewhere, you're somewhere. I could go there, but I don't."

"I'm singing songs about the future, wondering where you are."

"I could call you on the telephone, but do I really wanna know? You're making love now to the lady down the road, no I don't, I don't wanna know."


Santa Monica; 29 March 2011 {I'll spare you the picture of me sitting on the beach sunburned and half asleep.}

1 comment:

  1. So I am obsessed with this song.. I've never heard it before, but this is totally my type of music!

    Thank you so much for linking up with me! I hope to hear your music picks in the future! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...