Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

About Luna

I learned some fun information about Luna today that I want to pass on in case any other Luna Green Beetle owners are wondering.

The cars were built at the plant in Mexico.

There were 2,000 manufactured for the United States and 200 for Canada.

There is some more information about the special edition here.

The 1999 GTi I drove for six months before Luna
Wisconsin snowfall - early 2011
This picture will always freak me out.
I had to get the brake light replaced - twice - the summer of 2011.
Deer Trail - Gills Rock - October 2012
and again.
 Here's Luna's story though. From reading through the CarFax, I believe that she was originally a rental car (she was part of a corporate fleet). I know for a fact that she is from Minneapolis, Minnesota. After a year and five months (and 16k miles) of being part of the corporate fleet, she was purchased by one of my traveling musician friends (also from Minneapolis) while he was still in high school. He had her for six years and nine months while he drove around the US and Canada as a one-man-band. I first saw her on the 28th of October, 2010. I originally thought that she belonged to another one of my musician friends, but then my "little sister" was like, "No, that's his car." hahaha. Two months later, he came back here to trade in Luna for a larger vehicle. I drover the Beetle for the first time on the 25th of January 2011, and purchased her on my eighteenth birthday! As the third owner of this wonderful car, I plan to never sell her to anyone else. She's mine! (:

(I tend to think of my car as a person - no wait - as my child. Sad, but true.)

I absolutely hate parking next to other cars. That said, I will park next to other Beetles if I can (: and I love when they park next to me! haha.

I haven't really taken Luna anywhere too special yet. I mean, she took my dad and I down to Chicago to see Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza in early August, but I hope to travel the country with her someday! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...